Collection of information
Dacreed collects information from you both directly from your input and automatically through technologies.
Information provided by you
The types of information Dacreed collects directly from you may include the following as well as any other information type that it expressly asks you to enter and submit:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number
- Usernames and passwords
- Current employment
- Comments and feedback
- Interests and communication preferences.
Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number, may be requested to complete a transaction. However, please note that payment information is not stored by Dacreed.
Information collected automatically
The Service automatically collects certain information regarding your use of the Service. Information collected automatically includes:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet
- Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier (UDID) and other technical identifiers
- Uniform Resource Locator (URL) click stream data, including date and time, and content you viewed or searched for on a Service.
Dacreed may use and disclose automatically collected information for any purpose, except where it is restricted by applicable law. If Dacreed combines any automatically collected information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information.
Dacreed may also use aggregated information for any reasonable and necessary purpose; however, this information does not identify specific individuals and so is not personal information.
Cookies and web beacons
- “Session” cookies, which are temporary and deleted when you close your browser
- “Persistent” cookies, which remain until you delete them or they expire
- Web beacons, which are electronic images, also known as single-pixel gifs.
In general, cookies, web beacons and similar technologies do not contain personally identifiable information, but when you furnish your personal information through the Service, this information may be linked to the non-personally identifiable data stored in cookies sent to your browser from the Service.
Dacreed and its service providers use these technologies for various purposes, including:
- Facilitating the login process
- Administering the Service
- Customising and improving the Service
- Personalising your browsing experience
- Advertising, promotions and surveys
- Paying royalties and licence fees to third-party providers, such as: authors, societies and other copyright holders and content distributors
- Tracking and analysing your preferences
- Tracking and analysing trends.
There are a number of ways to manage cookies. The Help menu on most browsers tells you how to stop accepting cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new browser cookie, and how to disable existing browser cookies. However, if you block cookies, you may not be able to register, login or make full use of the Service provided by Dacreed. You can also use your mobile device’s settings to manage the available privacy options.
Dacreed’s HTML-formatted emails may contain web beacons to let it know whether its emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links or advertisements within the email. Dacreed may use this information for purposes including determining which of its emails are more interesting to users, to query whether users who do not open Dacreed’s emails wish to continue receiving them, and to inform Dacreed’s advertisers in aggregate how many users have clicked on its advertisements. The web beacon will be deleted when you delete the email. Emails in plain text rather than HTML will not include the web beacon.
Use of your personal information
Dacreed uses the personal information collected from you to complete various actions, including:
- To assist you in completing a transaction or order
- To provide and improve service and support
- To respond to requests, inquiries, complaints or applications
- To update you on relevant new services and benefits
- To personalise the Service and to select content to be communicated to you or to use features on the Service such as sharing content with a friend or colleague
- To contact you regarding Dacreed’s products or services or other products and services from third parties
- To invite you to participate in surveys, competitions and similar promotions
- To conduct website administration
- For data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing any services provided to you, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of Dacreed’s promotional campaigns, or in other ways to which you have expressly agreed
- To prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity
- To comply with Dacreed’s legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce its agreements
- Dacreed may on occasion also match or combine the personal information that you provide with information that it obtains from other sources or that is already in its records, whether collected online or offline or by predecessor or affiliated group companies, or business development partners, for the purposes described above.
Sharing or disclosing your personal information
Dacreed shares your personal information in the following ways:
Agents, representatives, sponsors, societies and business partners
Your personal information may be accessible to Dacreed’s agents, representatives, sponsors and entities for which it is acting as an agent, licensee, joint venturer or publisher.
Your personal information may be accessible to Dacreed’s service providers and suppliers, which assist Dacreed with producing and delivering its products and services, operating its business, and marketing, promotion and communications. These providers and suppliers include, for example, editors, reviewers, credit card processors, customer support, email service providers, IT service providers and shipping agents.
If the Service offers a content database or learning service (by way of subscription or otherwise) and you access the Service through an institution or association-sponsored subscription, your personal information and certain usage data gathered through the Service, such as the number of items you downloaded, any non-subscribed items you accessed, and test scores, may be shared with your institution or association for the purposes of usage analysis, subscription management, course management, and testing and remediation. If your institution/association is a corporation or other business entity, additional usage data, such as the types of records you viewed and the number of searches you ran, also may be shared for the purposes of cost attribution and departmental budgeting.
Other third parties
Dacreed may share personal information with other third parties if it expressly tells you about such potential disclosure at the point at which you submitted the information to it.
Compliance with law and similar obligations
Dacreed may share personal information to:
- Respond to or comply with any law, regulation, subpoena or court order
- Investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity
- Enforce and protect the rights and properties of Dacreed and/or its affiliates
- Protect the rights or personal safety of Dacreed’s employees and third parties on or using its property.
Change in corporate circumstances
If Dacreed, the Service, or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company, your personal information may be disclosed to the prospective or actual purchasers.
Dacreed does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and it does not target its Website to children under 13.
Selecting your privacy preferences
You can manage available communication preferences when you register with the Service, by updating your account preferences under “My Profile”, or, where applicable, by using the “opt-out” or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive. Dacreed reserves the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
Access to and accuracy of your personal information
You may request access to personal information about you that you have provided to Dacreed through the Website governed by this policy. You may also request to review and correct any of that personal information by contacting Dacreed at the address listed below.
Dacreed uses a variety of data security measures intended to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information.