Dacreed collects information from you both directly from your input and automatically through technologies.
- Information provided by you
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number
- Usernames and passwords
- Current employment
- Comments and feedback
- Interests and communication preferences
- Any other data that you voluntarily submit through the website
- Information collected automatically
- Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet
- Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier (UDID) and other technical identifiers
- Uniform Resource Locator (URL) click stream data, including date and time, and content you viewed or searched for on a Service
- Cookies and web beacons
- Session cookies, which are temporary and deleted when you close your browser
- Persistent cookies, which remain until you delete them or they expire
- Web beacons, which are electronic images, also known as single-pixel gifs
- Facilitating the login process
- Administering the Service
- Customising and improving the Service
- Personalising your browsing experience
- Advertising, promotions and surveys
- Paying royalties and licence fees to third-party providers, such as authors, societies and other copyright holders and content distributors
- Tracking and analysing your preferences
- Tracking and analysing trends
The types of information Dacreed collects directly from you may include the following as well as any other information type that it expressly asks you to enter and submit:
The Service may automatically collect certain information regarding your use of the Service. Information collected automatically may include but is not limited to:
This information is useful to Dacreed because it helps us to get a better understanding of how you use the Website and Service so that Dacreed can continue to provide the best experience possible (e.g. by personalising the content you see).
In general, cookies, web beacons and similar technologies do not contain personally identifiable information, but when you furnish your personal information through the Service, this information may be linked to the non-personally identifiable data stored in cookies sent to your browser from the Service.
Dacreed and its service providers use these technologies for various purposes, including:
There are a number of ways to manage cookies. The Help menu on most browsers tells you how to stop accepting cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new browser cookie, and how to disable existing browser cookies. However, if you block cookies, you may not be able to register, login or make full use of the Service provided by Dacreed. You can also use your mobile device’s settings to manage the available privacy options.
Dacreed’s HTML-formatted emails may contain web beacons to let it know whether its emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links or advertisements within the email. Dacreed may use this information for purposes including determining which of its emails are more interesting to users, to query whether users who do not open Dacreed’s emails wish to continue receiving them, and to inform Dacreed’s advertisers in aggregate how many users have clicked on its advertisements. The web beacon will be deleted when you delete the email. Emails in plain text rather than HTML will not include the web beacon.
- To assist you in completing a transaction or order
- To provide and improve service and support
- To respond to requests, inquiries, complaints or applications
- To update you on relevant new services and benefits
- To contact you regarding Dacreed’s products or services or other products and services from third parties or any other marketing communication sent to you in accordance with your marketing preferences
- To invite you to participate in surveys, competitions and similar promotions
- To conduct website administration
- For data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing any services provided to you, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of Dacreed’s promotional campaigns, or in other ways to which you have expressly agreed
- To prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity
- To comply with Dacreed’s legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce its agreements
- Dacreed may on occasion also match or combine the personal information that you provide with information that it obtains from other sources or that is already in its records, whether collected online or offline or by predecessor or affiliated group companies, or business development partners, for the purposes described above
Dacreed uses the personal information collected from you to complete various actions, including:
Dacreed shares your personal information in the following ways:
- Service providers
- Institutional subscribers
- Other third parties
- Compliance with law and similar obligations
- Respond to or comply with any law, regulation, or court order.
- Investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity.
- Enforce and protect the rights and properties of Dacreed and/or its affiliates.
- Protect the rights or personal safety of Dacreed’s employees and third parties on or using its property.
- An actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisors)
- Change in corporate circumstances
Your personal information may be accessible to Learn Plus Limited (including its affiliates and business partners) in connection with the provision of the Service.
Your personal information may be accessible to Dacreed’s service providers and suppliers, which assist Dacreed with producing and delivering its products and services, operating its business, and marketing, promotion and communications. These providers and suppliers include, for example, editors, reviewers, credit card processors, customer support, email service providers, IT service providers and shipping agents.
If you access the Service through an institution or association-sponsored subscription, your personal information and certain usage data gathered through the Service, such as the number of items you downloaded, any non-subscribed items you accessed, and test scores, may be shared with your institution or association for the purposes of usage analysis, subscription management, course management, and testing and remediation. If your institution/association is a corporation or other business entity, additional usage data, such as the types of records you viewed and the number of searches you ran, also may be shared for the purposes of cost attribution and departmental budgeting.
Dacreed may share personal information with other third parties if it expressly tells you about such potential disclosure at the point at which you submitted the information to it.
Dacreed may share personal information to:
Dacreed may disclose your personal data to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of Dacreed’s business or of any part of LearnPlus Limited.
If Dacreed, the Service, or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company, your personal information may be disclosed to the prospective or actual purchasers.
Dacreed may share your data to agencies outside of New Zealand, including to Australia, where Dacreed’s data hosting provider’s servers are located. These countries have different privacy laws to New Zealand. Where Dacreed discloses personal data to a third party outside New Zealand, Dacreed puts safeguards in place to ensure your personal data remains protected.
Security is a priority for Dacreed when it comes to your personal data. We’re committed to protecting your personal data and have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to make sure that happens.
- Selecting your privacy preferences
- Access to and accuracy of your personal informatio
- Contacting Dacreed
You can manage available communication preferences when you register with the Service, by updating your account preferences under “My Profile”, or, where applicable, by using the “opt-out” or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive. Dacreed reserves the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
You may request access to personal information about you that you have provided to Dacreed through the Website governed by this policy. You may also request to review and correct any of that personal information by contacting Dacreed at the address listed below.